Children at Sir Thomas Abney wear a school uniform, which is compulsory for children from Reception to year 6.
If Nursery parents would like to purchase uniform they may do so.
We believe that the wearing of a school uniform enables children to identify with their school, gives a sense of belonging, is practical and smart, reinforces a positive work ethos and reduces expenditure for parents/carers.
- All children wear the correct uniform to school
- Children feel proud to belong to the school
- Parents/carers share the expectations of the school
- It is expected that children wear the school uniform each day, with the appropriate footwear.
- Our school uniform can be purchased from:
Trutex Hackney (Crossbow)
31 Broadway Market, Hackney, London E8 4PH
Tel: 020 7923 9313
Online Orders can be made on: www.trutexhackney.com
Please note: although you can buy the whole uniform from Trutex, you only have to purchase the sweatshirts, fleeces and Polo tops there as these are the only items which have the School Logo on them. The rest of the uniform can be purchased from shops such as Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Peacocks, Matalan, Marks and Spencers, etc.
- If a child does not wear the correct uniform, a verbal or written reminder of our expectations will be communicated to the parents/carers (see Appendix 1).
- If a child arrives at school wearing inappropriate clothing which causes concern (eg unsuitable for the weather, too revealing, offensive/unsuitable slogans, etc) then the school will provide uniform for the child to wear for the day.
- If a child does not have their PE kit in school, a letter is sent home to the parents/carers.
- Parents are asked to clearly label every item of school clothing with their child’s name.
- The children are responsible for taking care of their own items of uniform.
- There are buckets for lost property located in the main playground. Any items left unclaimed are periodically disposed of.
- White polo top (available with school logo)
- Navy sweatshirt or fleece (available with school logo)
- Grey trouser (not jeans) or shorts, skirt or pinafore dress
- Black school shoes/trainers or plain black boots
- Grey or Navy tights (black leggings can be only be worn under a normal uniform NOT instead of it)
- Black, Grey or White socks
- Summer: Blue checked school dress
- Navy plain shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Plain White T-Shirt (football shirts are not allowed)
- Small, stud earrings only
- For Health & Safety reasons no other jewellery can be worn to school
- Warm hats for Winter months
- Caps for Summer months
- Other than for religious reasons, no other headwear is allowed and should not be worn in school
- A heavy lined waterproof coat with a hood for the Winter months
- A light waterproof jacket with a hood for the Summer months
- Children are let out to play if there is only a light drizzle and it is important that they have appropriate protection – There is no such thing as bad weather, as long as you are prepared!!
- Flat, sensible and waterproof shoes
- Children are allowed to wear sandals with a secure back-strap during the Summer months – please ensure your child wears socks with open-toed sandals as they tend to graze their toes when running in the playgrounds
- Flip-flops are NOT allowed